Saturday, December 1, 2007

A soup kitchen in Budapest.


Budapest, 19-11-2007. The new shoes I bought in Amsterdam before setting out on this trip, are nearly finished already due, no doubt, to the cobblestone alleys of Praque and Bratislava and the endless walks I`ve made in these cities. A fashion I intend to keep up here in Budapest as well. The main streets of Budapest are broad, lined with trees and the majestic buildings I already noticed yesterday when walking from the train station to my hostel. I see numerous small and little supermarkets, privately owned and, I am sure, making most of their provits on alcoholic drinks and tabacco products. I found a soup kitchen on the square behind my hostel but the line of homeless queueing up so long and those in the queue so incredibly smelly I quickly gave up on the idea of joining for free soup!!!

No comments: