Monday, November 8, 2010

Noi from Kachanabury

Holland, Amsterdam,
08 Nov. 2010.

I used to meet Noi at the Marine Disco in Pattaya's rowdy Walking Street dancing the night away with her before returning to my claustrophobic small room back in Soi Yamato when I was still staying above Lucky's bar, on the back of her scooter holding on to her for dear life while she would laugh out loud, amused to the max with my fear, half drunk on Chang beer and high in her dark skinned head by all the chemicals released by many hours of wild dancing...the expectations of great s*x with the Dutch Farang probably adding to her merry mood...

Soi Yamato where even at that advanced hour all these English bars with fancy names like The Dog's Bollocks where still in full swing, heavily tattoed Brittons loading their enormous bellies with Thai beer, more interested in smashing each other's intoxicated heads in instead of paying inflateds bar fines for the lady of their choise...

Noi who worked as a cleaning lady in some expensive hotel six days a week, twelve hours a day, who wanted fun on her one and only day of the week off...the way any young hard working lady the world over would I guess...

After years of seperation I met her again last winter during my latest stint in King Bhumipol's Asian realm, but the magic between us was gone the way the dinosaurs have from Planet Earth...

The portrait is from my mind and a small passport sized photograph she once gave me...we never had the time for sketches in my scrapbooks being too busy with the Adults Only Game I guess.   

No comments: